MANOR - HOUSE - GARDEN - SWIMMING POOL - UNITED KINGDOM
With close ties to the Malmesbury abbey prior to the dissolution. The remaining buildings in part date back to 13th or early 14th c with the grander front of the house being added in the Elizabethan period. This period saw the addition of the fine reception drawing room on the first floor and an imposing chimney piece incorporating the coat of arms and crest of Richard Moody and quartered with those of his wife Catherine which dates from the 1550’s. Later the rooms had the addition of decorative plaster ceilings incorporating a pear tree motif. There have been a number of historical figures that have owned the house including members of the Washington family who’s coat of arms hang in the local church.